ASTRO TOURS OF THE NIGHT SKY
ASTRO TOURS OF THE NIGHT SKY
This is where your journey starts. Are you ready to have your mind blown? Don't say we didn't warn you. Come and discover the wonders of the night sky on our amazing and unique 2-3 hour experience as we uncover the Universe for you!
Ask Yourself Have You Ever... Touched a real space rock? Seen the rings of Saturn? Viewed star clusters 17,000 light years away? Seen the craters and 'seas' on the Moon up close... or just looked through a large telescope?
Book us and view Planets, Exploding Stars, Clusters - Take a Laser Guided Sky Tour, hear Indigenous Sky Stories - Hold a Real Meteorite - Take Your Own Moon Photo. Kids Catered For Plus a FREE 'Space Pack' with each booking! Nobody else can do what we can do! You'll see and hear things that will literally blow your mind.
Your Astro Guide
Your guide, David Reneke, is one of Australia's most well known and respected astronomers and lecturers with over 50 years experience in astronomy and links to some of the world's leading astronomical institutions. David is the Editor for Australia's Astro-Space News Magazine, past news editor of Sky & Space Magazine and affiliated as a writer and publicist for the prestigious Australasian Science magazine.
David has taught astronomy at college level, is an invited speaker at astronomy conventions throughout Australia, Astronomy guide and tour group leader for many local and overseas travel companies and a feature writer for major Australian newspapers. David has been a weekly science correspondent for ABC and commercial radio for over 20 years regularly appearing on 13 stations across Australia with all the latest news in astronomy and space.
David's media schedule includes appearances on regional, national and international TV. David has been featured on Regional TV stations in NSW, Good Morning America, American MSNBC news, the BBC, Spanish television and Sky News here in Australia. He also runs the Mid North Coast Astronomy & Science Centre.
AT 'STARGAZING' WE CREATE MORE THAN JUST A VIEWING EXPERIENCE!
YOUR 'STARGAZING' EXPERIENCE STARTS HERE!
Take a journey out among the stars with a 2-3 hour stargazing experience under dark Mid North Coast NSW skies. We'll come to you OR meet you at one of our stargazing locations with a big telescope for a grand tour of the night sky. The 'STARGAZING' experience includes a laser-guided tour of the stars and constellations that we can see with the naked eye. We explain WHAT you can see and WHY... plus you'll get to hold a real 4.5 billion year old meteorite! We'll even chat about life in other galaxies far beyond our own...and more!
You'll see Jaw-dropping views of the
Moon and planets in the night sky if risen and we'll visit
double stars, exploding stars, beautiful gas clouds and amazing star clusters. If you're fascinated by the night sky our stargazing experience is a great
introduction to astronomy. It's suitable for kids too - we can adapt the
experience to suit any age and interest level. Our stargazing night shows are
suitable for individuals, couples, families and small groups of up to 15
people. (Larger ones by arrangement)
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU CAN SEE
* A complete laser guided tour of the night sky incl. aboriginal Dreamtime Stories and a few facts and figures that'll absolutely blow your mind...!
* The Moon close-up. We will get you 100km above the surface!! The craters and rills are awesome!!!
* The planets (if risen) Mars, Jupiter and its moons, Saturn and its amazing rings, and Venus the 'morning/evening star.
* The famous Orion Nebula in our 'saucepan' constellation...birthplace of millions of brand new stars
* View giant Betelguese - a huge Red Giant star set to explode anytime soon!
* The Large and small Magellanic Clouds and the famous Tarantula Nebula a Stellar Nursery
* The incredible 'Jewel Box' - a beautiful multi-coloured cluster of red, blue, green and white stars
* Our Southern Cross - we'll how you how to navigate by it and view the amazing double Star Alpha Centauri
* We'll also point out the brightest stars, hundreds and millions of light years away
* We'll spot fast moving satellites and gaze in awe at the Space Station if its passing over.... All this plus MORE!
BONUS: Each booking receives one of our exclusive 'Welcome To Space Packs' incl. a FREE solar viewer. We'll also give you 10 FREE tickets in our giant $800 telescope raffle! Try and get all this anywhere else!!!
We can come to you OR You can come to us and save $$ (See below)
Kids love space!!
First timers can't believe it!
We can cater to larger crowds
BONUS: TAKE YOUR OWN MOON PHOTO
Now THIS is a big hit we include for you which you aren't able to do with other sky-tours, or even observatories. They just forget! You'll be amazed how clearly these turn out and... what a brag pic it become on Facebook!
- Huge craters on the Moon, large flat 'seas' and shadows falling in the valley walls... NOTHING prepares you for this close up Moon view, especially when you can capture it all with your phone camera.
- With our special phone adapter we can quickly connect your phone camera to our telescope, slew it around and go CLOSE UP on the Moon for you to show your friends or make wallpaper with.
- * While you're at it get a photo of yourself standing beside the telescope holding a real 4.5 billion year old meteorite. Yep, its the real deal!!
Remember....'We Come To You' $150
Home, Club, Caravan, Cabin, Tent, B&B ...... wherever you are we can be! We cover the regions of the Mid North Coast only with boundaries Kempsey to just north of Taree. There's no extra cost, all we require is a flat set area free from close-by trees and bright lights. (NB/ its all weather dependent) Remember your only cost is: $150
OR You Can Come To Us...$100
As a cost saving you can come to us at our dark sky observing field in Wauchope at the Soccer Park in Fairmont Drive. Ample parking and seating available for any size group. Toilet and wash facilities always available as well. This is a way to have a great night and save some $$ as well!! Remember Your only cost is: $100